Friday, April 27, 2007

Proof

I like this picture a lot. I was lucky to get it. I was trying to take another long exposure of the cars zooming around the fountain, and happened to catch the couple too.

After work I walked to the Arch de Triumph. So I took a picture of myself in front of it as proof that I was really there. I think I may go back during the day too. The neighborhood that it is in is the most like New York that I have seen so far. It's a big shopping district, but full of regular stores like the Gap, Virgin Megastore and all of those. Some things are the same everywhere.

French movie theater showing all of the American favorites. I wouldn't mind seeing a movie, as long as the French part is in subtitles. I don't think I would enjoy "Pirates des Caribes" very much. I get tired of listening to French that I don't understand as it is!

As seen from a distance. Its strange to me that you can have a pretty modern neighborhood, and then run into really old architechture or monuments like this that have been there for a really long time.

For dinner today, I had an old favorite. Roasted chicken and french fries. This meal will remind me of Peru for the rest of my life probably, since it was one of the things I ate the most of while I was there. There was no palta on the menu, or I would have added that too. I decided that from now on, whenever I visit another country (assuming that I do) I'm going to have this meal at least once. It was pretty good, but not as good as the pollo con papas fritas. While I was looking at the menu, I kept wondering why everything came with fries. Then it occurred to me that maybe they call them French Fries for a reason. Hehehehe. Not my smartest moment thats for sure.
Im off Saturday and Sunday, so I'll be able to take some pictures during the day which will be nice for a change.

1 comment:

~Bungalow Bill~ said...

That's funny. You should look up "potato", and see where they come from.

I have a picture from New York with a couple in an embrace, in front of the Big Rat at corner of Central Park.

Great Post! I'm looking forward to the daytime shots.