Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Stuff I've Seen

I like seeing famous landmarks in person! I didnt realize they had such fancy lighting on the Eiffel Tower. There were strobe lights all over it going off for about a half hour and it took awhile to get a good picture cause I had to use a longer shutter speed. Seeing it made it more real that I was in Paris for some reason.


I flew out of the Newark airport. Its much nicer than JFK or LaGuardia. Everthing is still pretty new and the people that work there are nice. This is my plane to Paris. It was pretty fancy. Everyone had their own TV screen with 250 movies plus TV shows and games to play in it. I was concentrating on sleeping though, so I didnt really make use of it. The seats also had outlets for you to plug your computer in. I've never been on a plane that nice before.


This is the inside of the train I took to Paris from the airport. I made sure to sit in the seat next to to the map so I could keep an eye on where I was headed without looking too conspicuous.


French people like graffiti too. This was the view for most of the train trip. Funny how it looks a lot like New York. Except in French of course. It seems that they take it pretty seriously over here. There were a lot of perfectly executed graffiti tags.


I like all of the tiny cars that you see in places besides the US. This was my favorite of the day. Its not the best picture, but you get the idea.


This is the river Seine at night. Famous river. When I think of Paris, most of what I think of is stuff that I've read in books, as opposed to New York or Italy, which I think of mostly in terms of movies and TV shows.

3 comments:

MorsaJones said...

yay! i'm glad you got the adapter thing figured out/fixed/hooked up/turned on.

i'll be honest. i forgot the notre dame was in paris too. i knew it was french and all. hehe.

i had heard the eiffel tower had some fancy lights on it. but i didn't realize they were still on there. how fancy.

how's the food?

~Bungalow Bill~ said...

Fancy.

Have you seen any photo booths?

Winnemucca's Own said...

Ive seen one photo booth at the airport, but I was in no mood at the time to stop and take my picture! Hehehe.